AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was one of the "Lucky" Dell customers to get in on the deal. I got 2. After feedback from the group on how to sell an extra LT150, I decided to take the advice of others and go to E-bay. Mine sold in a few hours for $2600. Now, thinking around all aspects of the deal, I feel I made the best choice. If I would have put it on the AVS board for sale at a lowball price, how many others would only be worth that price? How many do you think AVS sold at a measly $2700 this past week?

One member stated "You did risk your own money and are not obligated to give away your potential profit for free." If the people selling erode the market, how much will they be worth in 1, 6, or 12 months? This projector is worth the price people have paid a month ago ($4000). I think it is in all of our best intrest to keep the market above $2500 for the new projectors and let the used market dictate its own price.

As always, opinions are welcome>

Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Schuitema (edited 07-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Todd Schuitema (edited 07-28-2001).]

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Right now you can buy new LT150 at dell for 2100. Your post seemed intent on justifying for yourself the profit you made. No such justification is needed.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Todd,

Selling something you own for a fair price, even if higher than the price you paid, is the foundation of a free market. And as an individual you have a responsibility to look after your own interests. However, as a community of Home Theater nuts, I think we all would like to see the price of ALL projectors come down to a more consumer friendly level. The more projectors that end up in the hands of home theater types the better off we all will be since there is strength in numbers. Also, bulb prices might drop if volume increases. I'm hoping that bulbs for the LT150 will come down now that the projectors price has been lowered by many retailers. $500 for a 1000 hour bulb for a $2500 projector is a bit pricey. Almost in the DILA price range. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by deSade:
Am I incompetent or something? I have never yet been able to find the lt-150 on Dell's site. No matter how I searched. ????????? What am I missing.

2100 is still a steal.
When you first hit the Dell home page, don't go in the consumer section, but the medium size business section. I think dell pulled the LT150 the first day of the frenzy from their consumer area.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Am I incompetent or something? I have never yet been able to find the lt-150 on Dell's site. No matter how I searched. ????????? What am I missing.

2100 is still a steal.

------------------

"America: def. Just 200 million used car salesmen with all the money we need to bu guns and no qualms about killing anyone who tries to make us uncomfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.