AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got B&W 703 speakers for my front and a matching B&W for center channel. Dont have rears but intend to add some time this year.

I had an old Pioneer receiver that I want to replace. Went to Magnolia today and was talking to the rep and he asked me questions like what would I do, if I was going to add a zone 2 etc. and then guided me towards the Denon 1910 and Yamaha V665. We could not demo as they were having some problems so going back tomorrow.

My questions to the user community are:

1. Would the above models be sufficient for my needs. I dont listen to much music right now as my receiver is not really upto it but I expect will listen to more if I had a better setup

2. Money for me is less of an object and would rather get something that I could grow. I dont expect to use the unit in more than one room at this time

3. Would the 1910 or the V665 be able to drive my speakers efficiently? I dont want to save the money on the receiver and regret later.

4. I dont consider myself an audiophile by any standards.

I do intend to demo the receivers but if you can steer me then at least I would not go and try to hear the receiver that may be well below the mark.

Thank you all for your inputs in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention that a friend of mine bought an SC-25 from BB last week for 1000 and is willing to give it to me for the price he paid since its too big for his entertainment setup and is intending to take it back.

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Getting the SC25 would hold you over for quite a long time.

I'm not big on Yamaha amps so I wouldn't even consider it (if it were me).

The 1910 has the newest Dolby pro logic II z but to me that is a non issue. I have the Denon 789 (the 1909 equivalent) which is last years model and am very pleased with its performance. If the 1910 is anything like it (and I have heard no real complaints) I would opt to get the 1910. But if money is no problem, that SC25 is awfully nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.