Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I just designed the new PC logo and I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Be critical. I was trying to go for something that was simple and bold.

Don't pay too much mind to the web site, I'm playing around with a model for the next site.

Thanks...I really appreciate your comments.

Alan Maher
http://community-2.webtv.net/audionutak

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Alan,

Looks good. I like the bold serif font you chose. Having the lettering centered in a background field that is 3 times its width is also a classic "thirds" look. The "designed by Alan Maher" lower section serves as a foundation or underline of what is above with the only drawback being that in small iterations of the logo it may become unreadable. Well done overall. Too bad the letters "PC" already have several omnipresent meanings esp. "personal computer" and "politically correct". No matter, I think a logo like this effectively differentiates your company.

Mark H

(former graphic design student)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Alan,

Logo looks good. Have to agree with Mark; hard to see "designed by Alan Maher". Perhaps remove "designed" and change to a bigger font.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once we set up the new site, the logo will be the entire first page (enter page). I just wanted to get something out there so I could get some feed back on the overall design.

Alan

·
Registered
733 Posts
Alan, it looks great. I agree with Zipunow that "by Alan Maher" might look better than "designed by Alan Maher", however.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Alan, I`m new here and mainly joined for more insight on balanced power. Because of info here and most of it from you I might add, I sprung for a BPT BP2.5 Ultra which I`ll be receiving tomorrow. With that said, IMHO, I think your logo is too japanese. Not to say that`s a bad thing but it was the first thing came to my mind and you asked for opinions. And opinionated, I am! Best wishes to you & thanx for sharing all your knowledge. Robin Bombard

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe so...I visit Japan often. Japan is one of my favorite places to visit.

Alan

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree Alan. I was there for R&R from Vietnam back in 1970 and enjoyed myself immensely. And of course, I`ve always enjoyed their A/V products! Robin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Maher
Guys

I just designed the new PC logo and I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Be critical. I was trying to go for something that was simple and bold.
Hey Alan, try saving the image as a GIF instead of a JPG - the dithering (esp around the smaller font text) is pretty distracting - with a large flat-coloured background GIF might be pretty economical and not create too large a file.

If you want to stay with JPG, find an Adobe Photoshop expert (I'm not one, but if you want to send me an original TIFF of your image I can try and do this for you) to save the image with different compression levels around the text (using layers as I recall) - it won't boost the image size by much, but will take that blurry look away from the text.

Cheers

Kuyper

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your offer. The master of the logo is very nice. To be able to load it up on the webtv, I had to print off the logo and take a snap shot using a camera. I'm not too concerned, it will be done professional when I build the next web site. But I'm still aways from that point. Once Uncle Sam picks up our household goods, I won't see anything until early to mid September when we receive our quarters. Eventhough I leave Alaska in July, it takes the military anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months to supply an apartment overseas in the family housing area. I wish it could be sooner, but off post lodging is not allowed for enlisted. We'll be living out of out suitcases until an apartment becomes available.

Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.