AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly HT, but I feel you all would be knowledgable in this realm. I'm currently renting a home, and have a nice space in the unfinished section of the basement that I'm planning on setting up a space for jamming and recording. If I decide to purchase this home, I will be building a dedicated theatre room in this space. For now, I'm looking to install some easily removable, relatively low-cost sound proofing. Goals aren't really to create an awesome recording space, but rather to decrease some of the ugly room reflections and decrease some noise to other areas of the house/outside. I'm intrigued by these "absorption sheets" (i.e. blankets) from a company called Audiomute (link below). I understand that to soundproof it requires mass, and mass isn't cheap, but for my needs I'm curious if anyone had any thoughts about this product, as well as general ideas. Thanks.

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com...-blankets.aspx

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,394 Posts
That certainly is an interesting video. You should note that the measurement point was at the end of a 9 ft hallway and that sound reflecting off the walls was a big part of what was being measured. Those blankets certainly put a damper on it. I would be curious of a measurement in the room above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts