AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what to you guys think about the Boxlight CD-455m.

I did a search at projectorcentral.com of the top ten rated projectors by price and found that the Infocus LP340 was the top rated projector under 3 grand....

Upon closer examanation, it seems the Boxlight is a clone of the Infocus projector. It has the same weight and dimentions (hell, it even LOOKS the same) but the max resolution on the infocus is 800x600 while the Boxlight can go up to SVGA res (1024x768)res max.

On the surface, the boxlight looks to be the best hands down....

Is there something about this projector that I don't know about since the (seemingly) inferior infocus is rated #1 and the boxlight is #7?

HELP

·
Registered
846 Posts
KLee,

I think this is a mistake in their database. I believe the boxlight is an exact clone of the LP340 that has max resolution of 800x600.

Can any owners confirm?

--Les

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have the Boxlight CD-455M. I can tell you that it does in fact do 1024X768 compressed resolution. For images and video, compressed 1024x768 looks good, but when it comes to reading text like off this message board, forget it.

I would reccommend the Infocus Projector. Only because Infocus seems to be really good at replacing units with blown bulbs. Boxlight on the other hand doesn't have as good a policy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are identical, in fact I have the Boxlight with an Infocus logo on the front. I think that the Boxlight has the better warranty, 2 years vs 1 for Infocus. Call Studio Experience to verify this.

[This message has been edited by msully (edited 06-14-2001).]

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I really like it (and yes it is exactly the same machine as the Infocus LP340). I believe both are 2 year warranties. The Boxlight can often be had more cheaply.

WARNING: Infocus has a new model LP340B. This is cheaper but has cheaper video processing. I haven't seen it but word from the Infocus rep is that it is not that good at video but is intended as a cheaper business machine than the old LP340.

The Infocus rep also said that the current Boxlight 455 is going away as well. Exactly what Boxlight will do with their product labels is unknown at this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.