AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get your opinions on the DLP Mitsu 73". I personally find it very nice, better than the Samsung 71" or Toshiba. What are your opinions?

Plus, what do you think are the best speakers/receivers to go with this TV?

And I'm assuming you can't get your PC on this TV.

·
Registered
15,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorit22
I would like to get your opinions on the DLP Mitsu 73". I personally find it very nice, better than the Samsung 71" or Toshiba. What are your opinions?
My opinion is that nobody's opinion is as important as your opinion (you're the one who is going to watch it). IMO, any of the major brands are fine (some prefer the Sammy, some prefer the Mits, and some prefer the Tosh, but again, you shouldn't care).

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Nobody's opinion is as important as yours is true, but that doesn't mean sombody elses opinion isn't valuable in your overall decision making process. Someone else may point out something (good or bad) that you weren't aware of. Current owners sharing their experiences may sway you one way or the other. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. FYI, you may want to add the JVC HD-70HF96 to your list. It was very highly thought of in the latest review in Sound&Visiom Magazine. It's ultimately your choice but like many of our parents told us, don't make the mistakes we made.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorit22

Plus, what do you think are the best speakers/receivers to go with this TV?

And I'm assuming you can't get your PC on this TV.
I spent about 10 minutes with the 73" when it first came out at Ken Cranes in LA. My big problem with the DLPs is digital dithering breakup on fast motion. This bothers me far more than rainbows and it's ocurred on every DLP I've seen. Comparing the 73" to the 62", it seemed to amplify the dithering noise to the point that the 62" seemed better. The 73" also lacked the brightness of the 62" but this is to be expected. Considering the size, that PQ wasn't that bad over all and I could live with it if I opted for DLP. YMMV

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got mine this weekend and have to say that I am very happy about my purchase. Model 73827, if you want to buy the screen guard be sure to buy the clips as they are NOT included.

I compared this against the Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, JVC and Hatachi and find that the Mits was my best choice for compromise. No TV is the best and anyone who says so may be leading you astray.

My 2 cents is that the Mits had the best overall picture with the least amount of compromise.

What I like:

1- Picture quality

2- Color clarity

3- Glare guard (NEEDS THE PROTECTION AGAINST THE LITTLE PEOPLE!!)

4- Minimal amount of tweaking to get a great picture (Need to buy Avia and DVE)

5- Don't see the rainbows

6- Dark levels are fantastic

What I don't like:

1- A bit "Sharp" sometimes

Sony: Has a very "natural" looking picture but I did catch the screendoor effect so that did not like that as I like to watch the TV at about 10-15 feet.

Samsung: Had a "Softer" picture then I was willing to deal with and the colors looked washed out to me.

Toshiba had a similar "Sharpness" that the Mits had but I found them to be comparable. What left me not wanting the Toshiba was that Mits had been producing these types longer and I've had their standard RP in the past and was satisfied with their product. Also no screen guard with the Toshiba.

JVC: Bright as the sun but I found their colors to be off even after some adjustment.

Hitachi: Hated their picture, no matter what I did the picture had jaggies (brought my own component cable and DVD player for testing)

These are just my opinions so no one needs to get defensive if you own one of the aforementioned TV's.

Lastly I am sure that with proper tuning all the TV's would look great, but I choose the one that I found to be the best with minimal tweaking and the best compromise.

Good luck with your search and purchase.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I hope you are sitting more than 15 feet away, or get the excedrine ready.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iam going crazy trying to decided on what tv to get. I have seen the samsung 67' and have my eyes on its 71' version. I also like the mistibushi 73' but when I was at best buy the 67' samsung looked awesome when displaying 1080p. What do you guys recoomend me buying?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I liked the Mits 62" very much - great blacks and no rainbowing. My only concern was a strong red push that wasn't satisfactorily remedied by using the color decoder without negatively impacting other colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.