AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on ordering one of the new Panasonic 65 incher's, either the V10 or the S1 from Chris @ Cleveland, but one deciding factor between the two models is the on-board sound.

Reason Im asking this question is because when I get the 65 incher I want to try and not use my surround system.

The V10 specs say BBE® VIVA HD3D and Surround Sound, while the specs for the S1 just list Surround Sound.

I have never heard Panasonic's BBE VIVA HD3D sound so I have no idea if its worth the extra money or not to get the V10 over the S1 for that reason alone.

Opinions please ???

Thanks in advance

Davyo

· Registered
69 Posts
I have 54V10... BBE The sound is good. If I were just watching cable programming it is should be good enough... However if you are watching dvd/bluray I would recommend to use separate receiver/speaker.

Also get the V10 not for the sound, but for the looks, better PQ, 24P capability

· Registered
214 Posts
I keep my BBE 3d sound off; and have since day 1

· Registered
2,901 Posts
While the latest generation may not be the same..Panasonic has had the BBE 3D (non HD) sound for some time now. I had a 27" tuber about 10-11 years ago that had it and I didn't notice much improvement over regular tv speakers. (which all pretty much suck compared to a separate receiver/speakers) I'm pretty sure that it's just a typical marketing gimmick that may provide marginally better sound than other tv speakers.

edit- as already mentioned, it will be fine for normal tv watching.

· Registered
408 Posts
My opinion is that all flat panel TV speakers are not adequate. What is the reason you want to try to not use your surround sound? I paid good money for my surround system and I enjoy everytime I turn on the TV.

· Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1720 /forum/post/16839016

My opinion is that all flat panel TV speakers are not adequate. What is the reason you want to try to not use your surround sound? I paid good money for my surround system and I enjoy everytime I turn on the TV.

As far as all flat panel speakers not being adequate I would agree for the most part, but I would say the the on-board sound from both my past 60" Pioneer plasma's (6070 and 6020 Kuro) was not to bad.

Pioneer plasma's have a sub channel output as well and that makes a big difference.

I am still amazed that NO OTHER panel makers include a sub output.

As far as why I dont want to use my surround system,,,, Im an apartment renter, so I cant tear apart walls to hide wiring, also being an apartment dweller I get sick of complaints from my neighbors,,,,, I also like as much of a minimalist look as I can get.

I watch about 80% HD cable and only about 20% movies,,,,,a full on system is great for movies but since movie viewing is such a small part of my viewing habits I wonder sometimes if its justified.

Anyhow, those are some of the reasons I wanting to get opinons on the BBE VIVA HD3D sound quality.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.