AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I'll let you know when my new screen is done. I'm building a new screen that is a custom size with variable top and bottom blanking. It will have Cinema Vision 1.3 material installed. The material is supposed to get here via UPS tomorrow. I hope to have the frame finished this weekend.

Chip S.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stefuel,

Sounds good. Can't wait to hear. I almost get the impression from DaLite that they recommend the Matt finish over the Cinema Vision? I was wondering if people had problems with the Cinema Vision finish?

Ed

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have the Cinema Vision 1.3 gain ISF certified screen and it works great for me. Unfortunately I have not owned any others and therefore cannot do a comparison.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have the Cinema Vision and due to its 1.3 gain it gives me a slight color shift with a CRT. (I am not sure color shift is the right terminology) By that I mean with a ceiling mounted unit there is sightly more red emphasis on the right side, and slightly more blue on the left side. This has been evident with 3 different CRT's. It is not at all severe, and only discernable when viewing a scene with a very light background, and then only if you are looking for it. I also have a drop down matte white 1.0 gain Da-lite which does not give produce that effect.

Willie

Frozen Cheesehead

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm curious how much this would improve the picture of my crt. The biggest problem I have with my 1030 is that it is normally very dim, even in a very dark room. Day scenes look more like they're at dusk, and night scenes are even harder to follow. Turning the contrast all the way up solves this problem of course, but I don't want to drive the tubes much higher than 75%. Right now I have a DIY matte white screen, but I was thinking about getting some 1.3 gain material. Would the extra gain make enough difference, in your opinion, to make up for the slight color shift as a consquence? I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to budget ht, but strong artifacts can become obnoxious to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.