AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like member's opinions on the best 16x9 HD capable TV in the 40 to 43 inch range. I am strictly limited to this size because of room constraints. If anyone also knows of any soon to be released models that might be superior to the current crop, I would appreciate that info as well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm very happy with my Toshiba 56H80 . . . but they also have a 40" model that you should look at. They are priced very reasonable and they can control the aspect ratio on all the inputs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I was shopping and waiting for seven months on my direct view RCA F38310 to arrive my research and looking at the sets in the Oklahoma City area the Toshiba 40H80 a 16X9 set had a great picture and was only 38 inches wide. Set weighed less then 125 pounds and is currently selling for around $2299 at Best Buy. I understand Toshiba new models come out around the May timeframe and most likely will have improvements. The Toshiba is HDTV ready so it will need a tuner.

I received the RCA F38310 38 inch model Friday and it is 43 inches wide and very heavy at 216 pounds. It would not fit in the place I was considering puttng the Toshiba.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
So, have you called Channel 4 in Oklahoma City to find out why they're not broadcasting?

Since they were listed on the FCC and NAB lists of stations broadcasting, I just assumed they were, well, broadcasting. But when I called the switchboard, they essentially said it would May 2002. Actually, they said it would be a long time, but I'm assuming that meant May 2002. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.