AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a new LCD tv with an $800 budget. Ive looked at a lot of brands including LG and Toshiba. Right now, the LG 37LG50 seems to be awesome for the price at 37", 1080p picture, and a $750 price tag. Toshiba also has a lot of similar stuff in the 32"-37" range with a similar price but they are only 720p sets.

So what is the consensus about Toshiba and LG? Do they make solid, decent sets? Or should I stick with something from either Sony, Samsung, or Panasonic? Are Toshiba and LG in the same off brand league as stuff like Dynex, Westinghouse, and Insignia?

Im looking for a quality set that isnt going to give me a ton of problems like dead pixels, poor picture quality, stuff breaking after a year, etc. Are LG/Toshiba sets pretty solid, or should I beware, and treat them more as off brand companies?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I ve never owned lg but I have owned many toshibas over the years. They are not off brands. The toshibas are as good and in some cases better than the sony, samsung and panasonic. I own 2 toshiba lcds right now and am very happy with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.