AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a bunch of research, I've decided on the following layout as a start for my HT build as part of an addition. This is a living room (17' x 17') open on one end (leading to the kitchen) so I'm constrained by that. I'm also going with in-wall speakers throughout as part of the WAF. Eventually I'm hoping to have a retractable projector screen and projector added too.

The speaker setup will be 7.x.2 with the side speakers on the ceiling and one back speaker behind. Prospective speakers are Triad speakers or Focal inwalls.

Couple of questions
1. There will be single back speaker that will do double duty as the rear back speakers - how should that be wired? Any recommendations on such speakers
2. I have a couple of closets adjoining the living room - is it feasible to make a bespoke opening for the subwoofers that sits inside the two closets and opens into the living room? Again that will be a compromise due to WAF but atleast I should have a couple of subwoofers to play with for room eq with REW
3. A third option is to go with a DIY sub in the closet - any recommendations here?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,320 Posts
They make single stereo speakers........thats what you use, whether you should do that or not is a different story.

Yes, you can DIY a sub in a closet,....... its certainly better than no sub,.......

Try to stick to guidelines as much as possible, some times its not possible and at some point its better to not add a highly compromised element than to add it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't need the floor space in the closet then you can cut out a hole in the wall and stick your sub there. You can build a little frame and cover it will grill fabric to make it look better. I would not use a single rear speaker. Why not use in-wall speakers for your rears?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts