AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to finish off part of my basement and turn it into an office / HT...

this is how i plan to setup the room... you can see the dimensions, so the room will be approximatley 1000 ft3... it's not going to be a large room by any means...

i have several questions as to how to do my in wall wiring and such and could use some advice for a noobie...

i'm going to do an on the wall setup for my surround speakers, and want to know where to mount the wall plates for the speaker connections...?

do you mount them on the side, above, below...? what's going to look the cleanest...?

how do the speaker wires connect to the back of the plates...? is it just a screw down connection or what...?

i plan to use these plates here or something very similiar...

i was told to use some PVC pipe behind the walls to run the wires in to keep them from getting damaged, and make it easier if i would do another cable run later...

any other advice or reccomendations...?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i just found these too...

i think i would use these instead of these, as it would make for a cleaner install IMO, as i could butt these right up near the speaker bracket, and the wires wouldn't be seen at all or barely as opposed to these...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.