AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been offered a great deal on a sampo plasma and was wondering if anybody has experience with this set or pros and cons. It is only 852 by 480 which isn't as good of a res as others but I can't afford the others. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Hey Erik,

I was in this board a while back trying to get more info on this Plasma. Not much luck, since it's not that popular.

It has many features (USB port, 2x RGBHV, DVI input) and is relatively low price.

However, from what I heard:

1. The deinterlacer is not top notch. That's not suprising, there aren't that many plasmas that have a good scaler/deinterlacer (although the latest Panasonic and Fujitsu units improved things dramatically!).

2. DVI input reportedly had problems with certain devices. However, this is unfconfirmed!

3. It reportedly is based on a Fujitsu glass (certain reports indicated Fujitsu designed it).

4. SampoUSA ( www.sampousa.com ) is not very reponsive. I've tried emailing them several times without much luck!

In short, if you have an opertunity to observe the unit, first hand, I think we would all appreciate the insight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.