Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

What's the general opinion on Samsung plasmas? Has any one got an idea if they are any good?

Regards,

J. Rosado

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've seen the Samsung 63" at Fry's and I was not impressed. The thing that bugged me the most is that the black levels were not very good. They had U571 playing, which really showed the panel's flaws. They should have been playing something colorful like Monster's Inc or The Fifth Element.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The bigger the size the lesser the brightness as well as contrast. You should check out their 42" Plasma. Absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm waiting for my 42" Samsung plasma to be delivered. I have seen it at many places and it performed quite well. I am no expert but I don't think Samsung quality is as bad as one might think. Unless you are a plasma expert (or plasma obsessed), going for Korean electronics in general will give you the best bang for the buck.

I often see Pioneer, Panasonic and Sony plasma in many A/V stores, if not hooked up properly or calibrated properly, one stunning plasma, whether it is Panasonic or Samsung, could look really crappy. The place selling the plasmas are also very important. If you go to a specialty A/V store, the same plasma will look MUCH better than at Costco for example. A plasma along with other products like Pampers, or toilet papers don't go very well together. So if someone says: "I saw that Samsung at ____________ and it looked terrible..." I won't rely too much on that. But if someone says: "I had a Samsung for X months now and I've been very happy with it..." I would take this last comment more at heart.

Just my 2 cents :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.