Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a SIM2/Select HT300 DLP Projector and would like some opinions/feedback about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Several of the regulars here have this projector and like it very much.

Do a search for HT300 and you'll get lots of good info..

Best wishes,

-- Cain

·
Registered
27,634 Posts
See this month's SGHT magazine.

Well received less the rainbow / headache phenomena.

Jeff

·
Registered
704 Posts
I get headaches and throwup every time I watch my Seleco. NOT! Who are these people?

·
Registered
100 Posts
No eyestrain here.

Great projector, with very little tweaking. More expensive than the sharp but better picture IMO.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ROFL Keith.. Jeff above seemed to indicate the SGHT folks got headaches; I gotta get that issue.

Keith is right, I have terribly sensisitive eyes and I can tell you watching this image is very relaxing. I'm still looking for a person I have met face-to-face who tells me these HD1 DLP projectors cause eyestrain or headaches, that is just silly; or what they call the "nocebo" effect in medicine.

-- Cain

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The June Home Theater magazine has a review also.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry for the off topic comment. Seriously. I love this projector for the following reasons:

Easy to setup and use.

Lightweight, compact and nice looking.

Great picture, when compared to some other DLPs I've seen.

User updateable software.

No headaches, rainbows, flickering, lip sync issues.

Seleco was very quick to address a brightness/contrast issue.

Did I say fantastic colors and great picture?

Anyway, yes it is a bit more expensive than some of the other DLPs talked about on the forum, but so far, in my opinion it has been worth it. If you notice there are a lot of silent, happy, Seleco DLP owners on this forum.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi smacaluso,

I am a very satisfied owner of the HT300 which produces a stellar picture and NO technical problems. Shadow detail is excellent, colours are vivid and well saturated and the whole image has a wonderful, clear 3D quality to it. The 6000hr lamp life is merely the iceing on the cake. You must get a demo of this pj and see for yourself.

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Registered
833 Posts
CAN anyone tell me the hook up procedure?IT is my understanding there is an out board box, that connects between the pj.IS it a switching box, (like the DWIN SYSTEM)?.What kind of connector is used to hook the two units together?.THIS box would have to be almost 40 feet from the pj, in my system, so do they(SELECO)provide enough cable?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The cable is 10m max (sorry) and is an odd Molex connector (looks a little like DVI). It connects to a small box stuffed with connections (component/rgb/2 svideo/2 composite from memory) which are additional to the connections already on the projector and switchable. Quite a neat solution, but unless someone knows otherwise, cannot be used with a longer cable.

Regards,

Ian Guinan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Does anyone know where I can demo an HT300 in central Texas? I never received an email back form their website.

Cause that durn little PJ shure is purty.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Yes.

The outboard switcher box is an option with the other SIM2 DLPs (don't know if it's included or optional with the HT300) and they all have similar inputs on the back of the unit for accepting direct connection from various sources.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My local dealer in Agoura, CA got this projector but perhaps it was not tweaked with the latest software upgrades. The Warriors dvd looked awful in night scenes in the graveyard. Too dark and muddy. The colorful costumes of The Ten Commandments were saturated and lacked punch. Overall, I needed more brightness than what I saw, but I'm hoping that the dealer just failed to install upgrades. The HT 300 looked pretty good at CES.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Cinedave,

I suspect that you saw an early model that also suffered from not being presented properly. The early USA models have had a hardware upgrade which brightened the pj. The latest software upgrade has tweaked out the gamma curve to give much better shadow detail in the low lights. Other changes have increased light output by as much as 30% AND added an excellent digital filter that improves sharpness while reducing the dreaded edge enhancement. Overall, this pj just gets better and better.

Regards,

Paul H

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Paul,

Where do you get the software upgrades for the HT300 and how do you know when one is available?

Regards

Sam

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sam,

I believe the source for the upgrades is different for the USA and Europe. You need to contact your dealer to get the upgrades. They can tell you how and where to get them. The latest version is 2.05. Do you own a HT300? If so what is your opinion of the pj.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.