AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here, but have been lurking for some time, gathering tons of useful information, thanks

I'm looking for a budget SACD player, specifically the H/K DVD 48. I currently have a fairly budget system consisting of an H/K AVR 145 receiver, H/K DVD 27 DVD player, and Infinity Beta 40's, 20's, and 360 center speaker.

I would really love to start listening to SACD's, and would appreciate any input on a decent SACD player for under $300 for my system. The H/K DVD 48 would match the rest of my gear, which I can buy new for just under $200, but I'm open to suggestions, and opinions of the DVD 48's SACD's SQ.

I do not have any HDMI connections, so it would be a 5.1 analog connection.

Thanks so much for any help

Shel

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello Shel and welcome to the forum!

I own the HK48 now for around 6 month and love it. Never had a problem, reads all disks just fine and the audio quality on DVD-Audio and SACDs is fantastic. PAL conversation is a great plus for me. If you can get it for under $200 go for it. As an alternative I can see the OPPO players as a good alternative.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome Spindizzy. And for the helpful information.

After reading so much praise of the Oppo DV-980H, I ordered it. It should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts