AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to get opinions on three subs if possible.

Rel Q200e

Earthquake supernova MK1V12

Sunfire true junior.

The sub would be used for 75%HT/25& music(dvda/sacd) in a 22.5w x19.5dx 8h tiled room.Thanks

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
 Here's an atticle with a comparison of the Sunfire with Velo and Pinnacle. I have a Sunfire TrueSub II and have been very pleased with it for home theater (considering the size; and for a smaller room). You aren't going to get the value, as far as price/performance, with a smaller sub that you get with the larger subs, though.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think you're limiting yourself quality choices if that's all you have to chose from!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rocky,

The earthquake MKIV12 is new so I haven't had a chance to hear one. I have a MKIV10 demo unit that I am really impressed with, I personaly think that it has about the same output and quality as the sunfire. I use the MKV15 supernova in my theater room and it is an awsome sub, however it is a quite a bit more than the MKI's. The MKI's are a really good value.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If you are only looking at those three, then the answer is really easy - the Earthquake. It has as much output as many 15" and some 18" subs (see the older tests/reviews on their site.) You can get the MkIV version relatively cheap now that the MkV are out.

JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.