AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at adding a Tube Preamplifier or Integrated amplifier to my setup for 2 channel listening. My setup is currently a Bryston BCD-1 cd player, Bryston SP2 pre/processor, Sherbourn 5250a SS power amp, and Anthony Gallo 3.1's speakers. I was looking for some opinions or experience with the following tube preamplifiers/Integrated amplifiers: Rogue Perseus, Odyssey Candela, Primaluna ProLogue 1, Jolida JD 3000B, and Manley Jumbo Shrimp. Any opinions or comments on these would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you checked out audiocircle.com? No offense to this board but that site would probably be knowledgeable with regards to tube preamps and has a great deal of Bryston owners. FWIW I just picked up a Mapletree Line 2A SE tube preamp and am very happy with it. I have do not have any experience with preamps you mentioned though.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenmc /forum/post/18289798

I'm looking at adding a Tube Preamplifier or Integrated amplifier to my setup for 2 channel listening. My setup is currently a Bryston BCD-1 cd player, Bryston SP2 pre/processor, Sherbourn 5250a SS power amp, and Anthony Gallo 3.1's speakers. I was looking for some opinions or experience with the following tube preamplifiers/Integrated amplifiers: Rogue Perseus, Odyssey Candela, Primaluna ProLogue 1, Jolida JD 3000B, and Manley Jumbo Shrimp. Any opinions or comments on these would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You could also check Audioasylum.com. That is where I go when I want to discuss Good 2 channel reproduction.

From the options you listed I only listed to the Primaluna which I found very good but not better than My Modded Conrad Johnson pre-amp paired with my Modded Haffler 500 combo.

All the best,

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts