AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 /forum/post/19552156

http://www.amazon.com/Panamax-MFP-40.../dp/B000SY1PQ6

I was thinking of using this for the TV and getting a separate one for the receiver, blu-ray and DVR since I have an antenna coming into the house.

Thanks!

The thing is, that is a power conditioner, as well as a surge protector. Personally, I think the vast majority of people suffer no ill effects from the quality of the AC coming into their residence, so they don't need power conditioning. On the other hand, people with more money are more interested in power conditioning.

If you haven't had any problems with you power, just get a decent surge protector. $30 ought to do it.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19553392

The thing is, that is a power conditioner, as well as a surge protector. Personally, I think the vast majority of people suffer no ill effects from the quality of the AC coming into their residence, so they don't need power conditioning. On the other hand, people with more money are more interested in power conditioning.

If you haven't had any problems with you power, just get a decent surge protector. $30 ought to do it.

A surge protector from monoprice will work just fine.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 /forum/post/19553644

I got a deal on it for $70, is it a good investment?

If you don't need power conditioning, is it a good investment? Only if you think you can sell it for more than you pay for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't consider it a wise purchase.

If you want a surge protector there are many for less than $70.

Do you want something because you can get it for a good price even if you don't need it?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19553754

If you don't need power conditioning, is it a good investment? Only if you think you can sell it for more than you pay for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't consider it a wise purchase.

If you want a surge protector there are many for less than $70.

Do you want something because you can get it for a good price even if you don't need it?

I don't want something just because it is a good sale, I want something that keeps my TV and audio equipment performing at its maximum

If this adds no value above a $30-$50 surge protector by Belkin, Tripplite or Coleman Cable, I don't need it.

The question is, how do I determine if I need power conditioning? Or is power conditioning always a waste of money?

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.