AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting to research components for a HTPC, and in looking at motherboards, I ran across the Via P4PB400. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular board and could relate pros/cons.

Here is a summary of the features of this board:

Bringing AGP 8X and 533MHz FSB Support to the Pentium® 4 Platform

The P4PB 400 fully exploits the performance and connectivity capabilities of VIA's most advanced chipset combination, the Apollo P4X400 North Bridge and VT8235 South Bridge. Performance features includes AGP 8X and 533MHz FSB support, as well as the industry's fastest memory controller, providing the Pentium® 4 with up to 2700MB/sec of fast DDR333 SDRAM memory. The P4PB 400's unsurpassed connectivity features include integrated USB 2.0/1.1, IDE ATA/133, onboard IEEE 1394, 10/100 LAN, and a Smart Card connector.

An onboard VIA VT1616 audio chip provides six channels of studio quality, crisp, digital surround sound and supports both optical and SPDIF outputs.

Network connectivity is provided through the onboard VIA VT6105M 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN chip. The VT6105M is VIA's most advanced LAN chip featuring Wake-on-LAN, remote bootability and multiple VLAN, resulting in increased system performance, security, and easier network management.

The onboard VIA VT6306 IEEE 1394 chip and integrated VIA USB 2.0 enables seamless connectivity to all the latest high speed multimedia devices such as digital video cameras, MP3 players, and printers.

The VIA P4PB 400 full featured ATX form factor layout offers unsurpassed scalability, with three DDR SDRAM DIMMs, five PCI, one AGP, and a CNR slot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.