AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I recently caught **** for dissing Westy over in the PS3 forum based on what I've seen in store but have been informed that those TV's are horribly calibrated and in reality Westy makes some great looking TV's. Based on this new information I'd like to know what all you guys/gals here in the LCD forum think of Westinghouse, what are your reasons for loving or hating them? I'm buying a TV specifically for games with the PS3, 360, and Wii and maybe some occasional high-def movie viewing. How would a Westinghouse stack up to a Bravia or a Samsung? I don't expect it to look better but how close does it come in terms of black levels, shadow detail, color accuracy and vibrancy? The specific model Westy I'm looking at is this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158318442758

I just find it hard to believe I can get a good 42" TV (ahem "monitor") for so cheap. Btw I don't care about 1080p at this size, 720p suits me just fine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I own this TV ( the linked one ). Its great once calibrated. For the price its the best you can get IMHO. There is a fairly large thread about this tv where ive contributed my settings and thoughts. I dunno if you can touch the more expensive sets quality wise and such but for this price point you get great quality, my opinion though.

-Emerson

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch /forum/post/0

Ok, I recently caught **** for dissing Westy over in the PS3 forum based on what I've seen in store but have been informed that those TV's are horribly calibrated and in reality Westy makes some great looking TV's. Based on this new information I'd like to know what all you guys/gals here in the LCD forum think of Westinghouse, what are your reasons for loving or hating them? I'm buying a TV specifically for games with the PS3, 360, and Wii and maybe some occasional high-def movie viewing. How would a Westinghouse stack up to a Bravia or a Samsung? I don't expect it to look better but how close does it come in terms of black levels, shadow detail, color accuracy and vibrancy? The specific model Westy I'm looking at is this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158318442758

I just find it hard to believe I can get a good 42" TV (ahem "monitor") for so cheap. Btw I don't care about 1080p at this size, 720p suits me just fine.

Take some time and read the different threads on the different brands you mention, they all have pluses and minuses so it's really what your willing to live with. The Westy had handshake issues with the PS3 which should be cleared up with the latest firmware (1.8) but for the price it's a good set...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts