AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my first thread went unanswered so I have done some more research and here is what I have gotten so far. My application will call for a cable card compatable unit OR I will have to use a RF type universal remote. I prefer the cable card....that limits my selection somewhat but my choices I have found to date are:

Mitsubishi LT-46131

Samsung LNS4696D

Mitsubishi LT46231 Diamond

Toshiba Cinema Series® Pro Integrated REGZA 47LZ196

I want to stay with a 1920x1080....If you feel the cable card is not necessary or have had experience with it good or bad, please tell me about it. If I choose to go without the cable card my options are greater but I am looking at:

Sony KDL46V2500 BRAVIA

Sony KDL46XBR2 BRAVIA XBR

Samsung 46" LN-S4695D

Sharp AQUOS® LC-46D62U

none of the above listed are in any particular order of preference. This will be my first attempt at a LCD home entertainment system and I have a new room that I am tayloring for this purpose.

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have the Mitsu and have zero complaints save there is no 1080p sources to take advantage of what a great display it truly is.

One thing to think about. It is better to have a reciever instead of the cable card because HD content is still so limited that it is nice to go through the guide and record content ahead of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.