AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nice entry level system for a 12x12 room. I am using it for watching movies on my Mits 55WS819. I was considering this system but am open to other suggestions.

Anyone have this system today that care to share their experiences?

thanks

-dave

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I heard the RM6000 demoed once and thought it was pretty nice for movies. One of the opening scenes from Dinosaur was playing. How much is your dealer asking? The RM6000, 6200, and 6600 are all discontinued now, so you should be getting a discount off of regular retail. Polk now has 2 lines of sat packages instead of 3, the 6005 and the 6700. They also are offering their $200 subwoofer PSW202 for free with a $499 purchase of their speakers, so now is a good time to buy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought Polk RM6000 from a local Fry's electronics for $199.00 a couple months ago. They sound very good in my master bedroom, probably bigger than 12x12.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone heard the Polk RM6700 or RM7200 speaker systems? Would you recommend them for a similar size room?

Javier

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I sell both of those packages currently at the store where I work. They are both very popular. If the speakers are being used primarily for movies, I would be tempted to get the RM6700 with a PSW404 subwoofer for extra low end punch. That should cost about $799, which is a steal for the sound you are getting.

The RM7200 is also a great package, and it would be a good choice for either movies or music. It may cost more, but you will get a clearer sound with it. Plus the speakers and sub are just sexy! ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
so cal fry's are clearing these things out. RM6000 for $195, and RM6600 for either less than $500 or at most $550 (i can't remember). was thinking about the RM6000, but my bedroom is 18x14.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the RM6700 with the PSW404 sub. It sounds really good in my living room (medium-size). I drive it with an Onkyo SR600. This setup gives me all the bonecrushing juice I need in my house. In fact, it's too loud and powerful for my wife so this is a good sign. She's always harping me to turn it down.

I would definitely recommend to anyone. I got it (RM6700 and PSW404) for $850.00 from an online source.

Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have RM6700 and PSW404 (Denon AVR1803, 18x22 room). Less than $799 at CC with recent sub promo from Polk. New PSW404 long throw sub has huge shoulder rolls and is loud AND clean for HT and music. I like the small sats very much but wanted more center punch. Added a new CSi30 center and moved the original to back center. MUCH better for dialog now and am very happy with this 6.1 setup for less than $950. A recommended demo at sub-1k price point for sure. Annual trade-in policy at CC a nice bonus if you like the Polk line.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this sub promo still going on? I was thinking about get a surround system and my wife is not in favor of big speakers so the 6700 series sounds like a good set for us.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
they are pretty good. They are not excellent in the low 100 Hz area which is the limit of the RM2300 surrounds but they can handle it most of the time. the center channel did not sound right to me. they are not boomy or lacking dynamics. They are clear and crisp and are capable of producing some nice refrence volume movie material and are good for music.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.