Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Sharp 70LE857U

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Obviously all I can ask is for personal opinions on the subject, but that is exactly what I'm looking for. I've read all the owners threads.....pros and cons.......reviews. But I'd like some personal opinions from those that considered these same models and perhaps saw them all in person. I'd be ordering online, sight unseen (none within many miles of me), so some opinions would be very helpful.

I'm considering:

Samsung UE65F8000

Sony 65W850a

Sharp 70LE857U

Obviously I'm looking for a 65" or larger set. Price is no object. I do a fair amount of gaming, enjoy active 3D slightly over passive, and do a LOT of Blu-Ray watching. I also have an HTPC and spend a LOT of time on that watching video as well as gaming and just using the TV as a desktop. Smart apps are a plus but not my #1 concern. Audio doesn't much matter. Picture quality is my biggest concern........along with reliability and customer service.

My previous TVs were a Mitsubishi 65" DLP and a Samsung 61" DLP. Neither were flagship models........they were bought as a stopgap until something with all the features I was looking for came out at a reasonable price.

Any opinions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I had  and have the same issues.  I had Samsung DLP 61".. I have tried a Samsung 65 7050 from Costco and got a lemon, and took it back….got the Sony 520a in 70"…not too good.  So Samsung 8000 or Sony w850a?  I am off to look at Samsung at Magnolia, and Sony Store in Century City here in Los Angeles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts