AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my decision is between the 3 following projectors. I'm seeking advice on the best solution for my situation or evidence for eliminating units from consideration.

Content

45% PC (Games, Internet, etc.) 4:3

35% TV (Regular Digital Cable, HDTV in a year or two away) 4:3

20% DVDs 16:9

Environment

Light controled, though would like to have some light at times

11x11 ft room

Source

Proscan Panasonic DVD play

PC (Can do HTPC, but would rather not)

Funds

Up to $3,500 for a projector (I've planned another $1,500 for a DIY screen, small sofa, etc.)

Projectors Under Consideration

z1 (upgrade in a couple years)- $1,400 964x554, quiet

300u (upgrade in a couple years)- $1,900 960x550, very quiet, short throw, weak warranty

tw100- $3,600 WXGA, short throw, very quiet, superior machine (color, contrast, etc)

Options Eliminated

x1 (rainbows), 75u (contrast), lt240 (rainbows), hs10 (relative cost, contrast, noise), m20x (rainbows, long throw and noisy) and ht1000 (too pricy)

Thanks in advance,

KiRin

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Well, as you stated, the TW100(H/ug) is in a different league, with respect to both price and performance. You might be interested in looking at my personal report of the side-by-side comparisons between these and other models, but only you can decide whether the TW100 is worth the additional cost.

Happy shopping! :)

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sushi, thanks, you review was awesome. In fact, I would not be considering the tw100, if it weren't for you.

· Registered
697 Posts
I've owned the TW100 since August 2002. Haven't regretted the purchase once, even with the newer/cheaper projectors that have come out since. The Epson has more control over the picture, more effective brightness, more inputs, less noise, etc, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.