AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5.1 setup with Paradigm Minis as my surrounds. Before I run cables for my ADP-350s as surround backs for a 7.1 config, I'm curious if anyone has setup a 7.1 in a mix and match such as this before.

Also, if you can see by the photo, my room allows only for all surrounds on the one wall, as well as seating on that wall.

Still deciding to go 5.1 as is, 5.1 with the ADP's or 7.1 in a mix and match. I'm torn!

Thoughts? Experiences?

Attachment 219922

As you can see, I have an ADP in place already from my previous room config, before I rearranged.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Dipoles and bipoles should be installed as side-surrounds, not rear-surrounds. Given that position, I think it's completely OK to mix and match them with direct radiators; a short time ago I used dipoles as near-field side-surrounds and direct radiators as my rear-surrounds, and it worked out perfectly

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. I think due to my room size, I'm going to stick with a traditional 5.1 using my dipol's, stick the Mini Mon's in the living room.

I may however experiment with PL2z Height channels, I have another set of Dipol's to play with, Paradigm ADP-100s. However, I fear my Studio 60s may (will) overpower them. Maybe Audyssey can help compenstate? Guess I find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.