AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts
You can connect a HD via USB. The drive is not visible from elsewhere on the network, so the player is not a server.

HDMI is for audio/video, not disc access.

The player is also an SMB and DLNA client. New in the -103: It is a DLNA Digital Media Renderer, meaning you can push files to it from elsewhere on the network.

-Bill

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avajack  /t/1470999/oppo-103-with-an-external-hard-drive#post_23275303

Thanks Bill- so does this mean I can play from the HD through the 103 and to the AVR?

Yes, presuming the file format is supported.

-Bill

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar  /t/1470999/oppo-103-with-an-external-hard-drive#post_23277412

Is there Cinavia protection on the 103?

Yes. Currently it is not in force for MKV or M2TS files, but I would not be surprised if the studios require that in the future.

-Bill

·
Registered
92 Posts

Any suggestions for brand? I have a Peachtree Nova pre/220 with the 103 (in the mail on it's way as we speak).

If I understand correctly, I can remotely access whatever is on that hard drive from a smartphone and look at the content on the TV? Do I connect the HD via USB and the Oppo via Coaxial to the Nova Pre? I think that's right. Right?

I'm so new to this but it's awesome.

Would I be better with a mini PC? or a HTPC? I figured for the cost of a decent 1TB porable HD, how could I go wrong? I hope I'm understanding correctly.

Unfortunately, I ordered speakers from Jim Salk and it's going to be a while before I hear, or see, any of this. It's killing me! I'm learning so much while I wait.

You're all so informative and I'm grateful. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts