AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a few threads here on some Oppo players that have had this error but not for the 970 model. I haven't used mine in a while but decided to use it today and it would not receognize any discs (DVD's or CD's). I can't hear anything in the player spinning up so it looks like my player may be dead.

Has anyone had this problem with the 970? And is there an easy fix (the player is no longer covered by warranty). I may try flashing the firmware but since I don't hear a spinning sound, I am guessing it won't work.

Any ideas or should I just toss it?

Thanks!

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpkelley20 /forum/post/18309088

Seen a few threads here on some Oppo players that have had this error but not for the 970 model. I haven't used mine in a while but decided to use it today and it would not receognize any discs (DVD's or CD's). I can't hear anything in the player spinning up so it looks like my player may be dead.

Has anyone had this problem with the 970? And is there an easy fix (the player is no longer covered by warranty). I may try flashing the firmware but since I don't hear a spinning sound, I am guessing it won't work.

Any ideas or should I just toss it?

Thanks!

There is a 970 main thread here somewhere but I am not able to locate it.

I presume you've had the player unplugged for a while?

OPPO has a very reasonable out-of-warranty repair service, something like $50-60 fixed price. It is a judgment call on whether to spend money on old gear.

It's worth an email to them; explain your situation and ask if they have any recommended rescue procedures.

If it were me, I'd give it a good shake, open it up and blow out any dust, being cautious around the laser head, and reseat any connectors.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts