AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using an Oppo 971 for a couple of years with a Panny AE 900 - the results have been superb.

I just purchased a Panny 35 Blu Ray player and so far haven't really seen any great improvement in the picture quality on my setup. I have to spend some more time tweaking the settings in the projector.

My question is related to the upconverting on the 35. Does it do as good a job on regular DVD's as the Oppo? If so, I will move the oppo upstairs and just use the Blu ray -- saves on connections and programming, but, I don't want to give up any picture quality !!

Thanks in advance (I did search for this and got no results)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennm /forum/post/15430365

I have been using an Oppo 971 for a couple of years with a Panny AE 900 - the results have been superb.

I just purchased a Panny 35 Blu Ray player and so far haven't really seen any great improvement in the picture quality on my setup. I have to spend some more time tweaking the settings in the projector.

My question is related to the upconverting on the 35. Does it do as good a job on regular DVD's as the Oppo? If so, I will move the oppo upstairs and just use the Blu ray -- saves on connections and programming, but, I don't want to give up any picture quality !!

Thanks in advance (I did search for this and got no results)

Why not ask BD35 owners?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...75161&page=258

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.