AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading all the great reviews on the oppo decided to buy one. i have a samsung hln which may be 1 of the older ones but works great and pic is fantastic. only problem is only 1 dvi,which currently has sat. reciver hooked up and switching to cable on the 25th. eventually i will buy a dvi switch but personally i think over the next year prices will drop on them. no big problem to switch manually the dvi end from receiver to dvd player till then.my question is i also have a svga hook-up that works for my computer great,but really dont use it much. how would the pic be using a dvi to svga adapter? there are 2 zooms for that imput[pc wide and tv wide}. i will probably buy the adapter to try,but was wondering about your ideas. best site on the web. :)

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
There wouldn't be a picture. :)

The DVI on the oppo is digital only.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my video card is digital,so is my lcd for my computer,so it should work unless im missing something, i wouls think that dvd digital should be no different than a digital signal from my video card, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Video cards have a dvi-i port, which can pass both digital and analog. If you're sending a picture through a vga cable, then it is analog. Though the dvi port on the oppo is dvi-i, it will only send a digital signal from it. For clarification, the oppo will work on your projector via dvi, but not the vga port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.