AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Are the recommended settings for the Oppo DV-981HD the same as the recommended settings for the Oppo 971H on a Pioneer 5071 plasma tv?...I looked at D-Nice's recommendations, but didnt find anything for the DV-981HD dvd player...Also...since my Plasma tv is officially 720p...should I bother setting the upconversion to 1080i on the Oppo player?...I know that my tv will accept the 1080i signal, but it is officially a 720p tv.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
more "officially" a 768p display

get a calibration disc and set your inputs yourself, should give you the best settings for your exact setup. d-nice's settings will probably be close but every display/source/input can be different.

example: using the oppo 981 with hdmi to a 5071 may need different settings then using the oppo with component cables to the 5071. same player and display, and no it's not the actual cables making a difference, it is the display possibly being different in how it processes each input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.