AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been using the Bravo D1 via DVI with my NEC HT1000 for a while now and think of upgrading to the Oppo DVD player. I've read my projector has a 1024x768 DLP chip where I currently run at 720p using a Panamorph lens. I read the Oppo has a 576p resolution mode. Is this a scaling match to my projector resolution? ALso, I read that the Oppo and HT1000 had some blue line issue using DVI during contrast changes to the image. If true has this been rectified some how? Also, did Oppo fix the DVI resolution settings go back to default at power down problem with the latest firmware? Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the same combo, with NEC's anamorphic lens. I use 720p with it - tried them all and this looks the best to me. No matter what res you use, you'll need to set overscan on the HT1000 due to the underscan/sizing issue with the Oppo. I do get some macroblocking - not much, but some. I've not seen blue lines. Unless I'm confused, my DVI settings are sticking at 720p on power-down.

·
Registered
28,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw30
I read the Oppo has a 576p resolution mode. Is this a scaling match to my projector resolution?
The only scaling match to the HT1000 is 1024x768. Anything else you input will be scaled again by the projector to 1024x768.

The primary benefit to the Oppo is that it has Faroudja deinterlacing, but then so does the HT1000.

The Oppo may be a better player than the Bravo, but you won't be gaining much in the specific area of scaling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have used both the oppo and bravo d1 with my HT1000. I find that the OPPO picture looks softer than the bravo and not as sharp. The oppo however is much more reliable and loads DVDs much better. I am sticking with the OPPO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.