AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a LG 30FS4D 30" slim CRT and I love it. Even old discs on my old player via svhs look nice... Now I want a real nice dvd player... I've seen great reviews for the Oppo971H and think I want one.

Only question I have, will I still get the clarity of the player if I use the included DVI-HDMI cable? My set has no DVI port, but does have an HDMI input.

Well that, and can I tell the player what to output at over the DVI-HDMI cable, or will that be stuck at 1080i?

Thanks in advance!

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmn /forum/post/0

Just bought a LG 30FS4D 30" slim CRT and I love it. Even old discs on my old player via svhs look nice... Now I want a real nice dvd player... I've seen great reviews for the Oppo971H and think I want one.

Only question I have, will I still get the clarity of the player if I use the included DVI-HDMI cable? My set has no DVI port, but does have an HDMI input.

Well that, and can I tell the player what to output at over the DVI-HDMI cable, or will that be stuck at 1080i?

Thanks in advance!

There is no change in quality when using DVI->HDMI. You have your choice of 480p, 720p, or 1080i.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.