AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is time to get rid of the keyboard and mouse cords because it looks like the wife is finally accepting the HTPC, but I see her look at the wires all the time.

I bought a Microsoft Optical Desktop (not Bluetooth) wireless keyboard and optical mouse. Well I am reading the box and DOH!, it is only good for up to 6 ft. I will be using it from about 10 ft. Does anyone have one of these, and have you been able to get it further than 6 ft. from the receiver?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have an Intellimouse Explorer (or whatever) wireless, and it's pretty good- 6 ft. definitely works. I know I've gone out far enough that I could barely see the pointer on the screen, and that's where it gets shaky. 8-10' probably.

I'd also be concerned about battery life. I don't know if it would be any different (if used at "long" range), but if I'm using my computer a lot, the mouse will go through a set of AA's in a month.

Maybe there's a hack on the internet for boosting the TX power on the mouse? Or, maybe the BlueTooth would make sense. :)

SC

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought the ms bluetooth one today cause of the very fact that i couldnt get my rf one to go more then 6ft reliably.

uh.....the bluetooth one ROCKS

·
Registered
77 Posts
See my thread here . This mouse ROCKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.