AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. So I try to change the audio settings to Digital Out (Optical). The only response I get from that is to turn on the power of the connected device. Well my receiver is turned on, yet I can't save the audio settings because I'm assuming it doesn't see the receiver. The receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR801 and I'm using a Monster Cable optical cable.

2. I try to change the video output settings to Component. I can display in 480p, 720p, and 1080i using their "test" feature. However, just like with the audio, I can't save the settings because it says I need to turn on the connected device. Well duh, it is turned on because it's the same HDTV I'm using to view the menu! HDTV is a Sony 40" XBR800. Also using Monster Cables.

Is there something obvious that I'm not doing? Has anyone else had this issue?? Please don't tell me that some HT equipment is incompatible with the PS3.

js.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Are you sure about that? What do you mean you can't save the settings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai /forum/post/0

Are you sure about that? What do you mean you can't save the settings?

Okay, I take the Jackass of the Day Award for today. I didn't realize I was supposed to go "right" after selecting the desired option. I kept hitting "left".

Sigh.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Once you go into the settings you have to push the right d-pad button to continue with the set up.The d-pad is the the 4 buttons on the left hand side of the sixaxis controller. push the button on the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.