AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older tv. Panasonic TC-P42X1 with optical Audio out. Recently I tried to connect directly to a soundbar( Insignia NS-SB314). I am getting distortion when I try to get sound directly from OTA tv channels. Before this I had Tv hooked up to a receiver that worked fine. It does work from a hdmi device through Tv to Soundbar. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have an older tv. Panasonic TC-P42X1 with optical Audio out. Recently I tried to connect directly to a soundbar( Insignia NS-SB314). I am getting distortion when I try to get sound directly from OTA tv channels. Before this I had Tv hooked up to a receiver that worked fine. It does work from a hdmi device through Tv to Soundbar. Any ideas?
It may be possible that the TV is sending multi-channel digital sound when using the TV's internal tuner and stereo sound when using an external HDMI source connected to the TV. This is common in many TVs. That sound bar will not accept digital sound. Go into the menu settings on the TV and see if you can change the audio out to PCM. From the soundbar manual "Change the device’s audio output to 'PCM' format (typically found in audio settings). Refer to the documentation that came with your audio source device for more information."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.