AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some trick to getting the optical cables to stay in the back of the receiver. I have 2 two different cables and they don't want to stay put. I have them sitting in the slots correctly, but if I move my receiver, they almost always fall out. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I agree that most optical cable connectors are hard to keep in place, but optical cables that I have ordered from MonoPrice.com seem to be much better (you can "feel" them lock in). I have never had any of their cables just fall out like many do.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have some old RS Fusion optical cables, and a cheap 12 ft. monoprice optical cable. Never had any of them fall out, they lock quite securely. You did remove the plastic protection caps from the cables, right?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the caps were removed. I have one from monoprice and the other is an AR. It may be the small hinged door covering the female receptacle on the receiver, that got bent up, since it is only happening on the receiver end. I ended up wrapping as thin strip of masking tape around the cable end. They are now more secure.

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts