Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question-

Is it "OK" to run an optical digital wire from my High Def STB into my Dolby Digital receiver (they do not give me a coax digital option)...and then use my curently purchased COAX digital wire>>from the receiver into my DVD ? Woluld this present some sort of inconsistency or ill-match-up ? (The angle into the DVD may be a problem for an optical wire as I understand it).

Second- Can you folks recommend a "really good" but not "outrageously priced" optical digital wire (e.g. my "pain threshhold" for example for video wire is...say...Monster 3 -ish quality/price ).

Thanks for advice !;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The first question was a little confusing. Are you running optical from your STB to your receiver? and Coax from your DVD player to your receiver? That would work fine if that's the case.

I wouldn't spend too much on an optical cable, there's probably very little difference between a $20 cable and a $200 cable. Acoustic Research makes nice cables in standard, pro and master series.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe_M
The first question was a little confusing. Are you running optical from your STB to your receiver? and Coax from your DVD player to your receiver? That would work fine if that's the case.

>>YES...THAT IS CORRECT...THAT IS THE SCENARIO. ON THE SECOND LINK THAT YOU NOTED ("Coax") it is DIGITAL Coax.

I wouldn't spend too much on an optical cable, there's probably very little difference between a $20 cable and a $200 cable. Acoustic Research makes nice cables in standard, pro and master series.
>>OK, THANKS ! I'M GOING WITH THE COMBO MIX DESCRIBED ABOVE THEN. APPRECIATE THE ADVICE !;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.