AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

TV = LG 47LN5400

Soundbar = Samsung HW-F450

Excuse my noobness, as I finally got my own place and slowly learning the HT world.  

Is this setup acceptable? 

Soundbar Optical to ATT Uverse Box.

ATT Uverse Box HDMI to TV

Also, How does this "Auto Power" work on the Soundbar? I turn off my Tv and STB but the Soundbar doesnt turn off.  However, when i manually turn off the soundbar with the remote, 2 seconds later, it will power on again?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yes it is an acceptable setup. See page 20 of the sound-bars owners manual for instructions on Auto Power. Basically if you turn on Auto Power, the sound-bar will turn on when the cable box is turned on and will turn off 20 minutes after the cable box is turned off. If you turn off auto power you can turn the sound-bar on and off using its power button on the remote.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteb0310  /t/1520222/optical-or-hdmi-auto-power-feature#post_24420153

But is one better than the other or quite similar?

Neither is better. Your choice. If you choose auto-power the sound-bar turns on and off automatically. If you turn off the auto-power then you must turn the sound bar on and off.

Auto power is easier of course but the sound bar remains on for about 20 minutes after you turn off the TV etc.. Since it has no source of sound it will not continue to emit sound during the 20 minutes.

Power usage will continue but the sound-bar is not a big consumer of power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI Guy  /t/1520222/optical-or-hdmi-auto-power-feature#post_24424857

Neither is better. Your choice. If you choose auto-power the sound-bar turns on and off automatically. If you turn off the auto-power then you must turn the sound bar on and off.

Auto power is easier of course but the sound bar remains on for about 20 minutes after you turn off the TV etc.. Since it has no source of sound it will not continue to emit sound during the 20 minutes.

Power usage will continue but the sound-bar is not a big consumer of power.

So just to clarify, I can choose either Optical or HDMI and I won't notice any Sound Quality differences?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts