AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DVD player (RP62) doesn't have a coax out, and my new receiver (D912K) only has two optical inputs in the back. I'm torn between finding a Sage-powered DVD player that has a coax out, or simply buying a Toslink to coax converter from Audio Authority for $70.

My question is, will I lose any signal quality with the converter? If so, does anyone know of a Sage-powered DVD player with a coax-out that hasn't been discontinued, aka the RP82?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
do a search for the midiman coax converter...i use to own one and it worked flawless!!and i believe they are under $50.

brickie

·
Registered
143 Posts
You will not loose any quality. I used to use a midiman converter and it sounded great.

Check out parts express. They sell digital converters for a pretty good price. When you go there do a search for DAYTON AUDIO OPTICAL TO COAXIAL CONVERTER. You should find what you want. These are only 1 way converters. The cool thing about the midiman converter is that it can be changed from Coax ---> Optical to Optical ---> Coax depending on your need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.