Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I posted this in the DVD section, but thought that I'd give it a try here as well.

My DVD player (RP62) doesn't have a coax out, and my new receiver (D912K) only has two optical inputs in the back, and I have need for three. I'm considering buying a Toslink to coax converter from Audio Authority for $70.

My question is, will I lose any signal quality with the converter? Anyone here have any experience with such a converter?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use one I purchased from Radio Shack and it sounds good to me. I use mine for the TV out on my Mits WS-48511 RPTV which is coax, and I switch to optical.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You will lose some signal quality. Whether it will be noticable depends on the sensitivity of you ears, resolution of your system, and quality of the converter.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferrarisimo
Hi guys,

My question is, will I lose any signal quality with the converter? Anyone here have any experience with such a converter?

Thanks for your help.
You will not loose any signal quality. You will loose your beliefs in urban legends though :)

Seriously, even the weak argument about jitter in digital audio transports will not stand here, so go ahead and get a converter.

Kirill

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Want to save some money? Check this . I have one between my DirecTiVo and my pre/pro. Sound is superb.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I bought the Audio Authoritiy unit over 2 years ago and it works perfectly. If I were in the market for a converter today I would definitely try the partsexpress model in Larry's post. I doubt very serioulsy that there will be any audible degradation. Good luck.

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.