AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers and I'm very pleased with them. Now, I'm not an expert on audio, so I'm wondering if anyone could answer my question.

The speakers have one input type, which is a set of three 3.5mm TRS (headphone) inputs: one for the front two speakers, one for the rear speakers, and one for the center and sub.

If you only have stereo capability, then you can just plug your audio device into the "front" TRS input and then activate "matrix" mode, which simulates 5.1 output from 2.0 input. This matix mode works great for my Xbox 360, which I have connected using a provided stereo phono to TRS adapter, but I want more than just "simulated" surround sound.

My question: Is there a unit on the market that I can purchase that would convert optical output from my Xbox 360 into the TRS surround sound format that my speakers use with minimal loss in quality?

I'm looking for a simple and cheap solution (if possible) not a bulky and expensive multi-function decoder.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts