AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My first post as a member. I just received my Skullcandy SLYR headset and hooked it up for my Xbox 360. The way I currently have it setup is with my Xbox 360 hooked up to the TV via HDMI, and the SLYR hooked up to the RCA composite audio output from the TV. So the TV is actually outputting the audio to the SLYR directly, not straight from the Xbox 360 to SLYR.

It seems to work OK, but I was wondering if it would be more optimal for sound quality if I hooked up the SLYR directly to the Xbox, or if this would just be a waste of time and money and not result in any real, tangible difference. Kinda hoping there are other members that have tried it both ways and have feedback from experience. If it would make a big difference, how exactly would I go about pulling audio direct from the 360? Would I need that special HDMI adapter, and would the adapter (if needed) be compatible with my newer "Slim" 360 model?

Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I feel you must not have fully read my post. My main question is if it is worth trying to set up directly to the Xbox 360 in the first place. The question of how to connect to the Xbox 360 was a secondary question. I was also hoping that there were people in these forums who had tried it both ways and if they noticed any difference in audio quality. Additionally, I have already viewed this setup help video and it is inadequate in explaining how to connect SLYR to Xbox 360 when already connected to TV via HDMI. I also would need to know if the adapter is required, etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts