AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards the Acoustic Innovations Deco seats. However, they come in heights of 38", 41" and 44" and I'm not sure what to get.

I assume the trade-off is the bigger the better support you get for your head, vs. acoustics (the bigger the more rear sound is blocked, and front sound is blocked from the next row).

Anyone have any thoughts on the tradeoffs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heres a thought or two.

Maybe the right height is dependent on your size. I'm thinking you would always want your ears to be above the headrest of any seat but get as much support up to that point as possible.

It would be nice if they listed the distance between the actual seat and the top of the headrest. That way you could measure seated height ( from butt to ears) and see which seat puts your ears just above the headrest.

Another serious consideration is aligning your ears vertically to the tweeter height of the front speakers. If their position is not adjustable in your setup (just looked at your setup so I don't think they are) then that is a consideration for how far from the floor your ears need to be for optimal audio.

Speaking of your setup, I'm assuming that you got the proper placement of speakers in the room and calibration from a pro. So where the speakers are is the starting point of where to place your ears.

If it has not been set up properly, then that would be the first step.

If all of this is academic to you, then I'm thegratingone now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.