AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed and debated, with many threads, but I still cant seem to find the answer Im looking for..

So with that, to be truly immersed in the film, I realize bigger is better, especially for someone like me who is 12' away from my 60" Vizio M..

I see alot of people at 9 ish feet away with their 42-50", and they say thats fine.. But thats honestly terrible to me.. At 12' away my old 52" sammy looked tiny.. The 8" jump to the vizio M was a nice upgrade, but still not a HUGE upgrade, like the 70" would have been..

Its just the way my living room is set up it makes it tough to get the tv and couch close, so at best , I may be able to move things around and get to a 10' viewing distance, but thats gonna be it.. That or I pray that something happens to my 60, and I can return it for the 70 , lol

Just bought my first 5 3D blu rays today

Despicable Me

Journey 2

Life of Pi

Texas Chainsaw

Im gonna wait til its dark out then throw in avatar , to see what I think.. If Im not Impressed, Ill just keep a few of them, and return the others.. They were all on sale at best buy between $15-$20, so it didn't sting to much

·
Registered
747 Posts
Id recommend to try playing with the "perspective" or "3D effect" (name is different between brands) setting that will likely give you an even more real looking 3D. You'll know it is the right setting when it increases the separation between the images, seen with your glasses off. A lot depends on your viewing distance, content, display size, etc, though, so results may very.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloHelloHello  /t/1494382/optimal-viewing-distances-for-3d-small-tv-60-in-a-big-room#post_23825135

Did you just say a 60" is a "small" tv??

well.. yea...

I sit 12 feet away.. seems small, even after my 52" i had for 5 years

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
friend had a 110" screen that looks incredible.. the seats are 8, 12 , 15 feet away.. maybe I've just been spoiled lol

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79  /t/1494382/optimal-viewing-distances-for-3d-small-tv-60-in-a-big-room#post_23831329

friend had a 110" screen that looks incredible.. the seats are 8, 12 , 15 feet away.. maybe I've just been spoiled lol

No, you were just touched by the Truth
. And the truth is that for optimal soaking of 3D and 4K content the viewing distance should be in the range of 2PH where the seats were. This is why wise people are waiting for the coming 110"@4K LCD panels and with goodies like HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort

·
Registered
457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck  /t/1494382/optimal-viewing-distances-for-3d-small-tv-60-in-a-big-room#post_23831481

No, you were just touched by the Truth
. And the truth is that for optimal soaking of 3D and 4K content the viewing distance should be in the range of 2PH where the seats were. This is why wise people are waiting for the coming 110"@4K LCD panels and with goodies like HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort

How much will those be 30k haaa a joke btw 60" is small for real as for the op I sat 8-9 ft away on my lg 60 and was more then fine as stated play with your 3d options some btw you need a bigger tv if you want to feel your in the movie try 80 and up lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well maybe Ill ask this question...

Is it worth it, and how much bigger is a 70" over the 60" from 12 feet away?

Yes I know in the store it looks quite a bit bigger, so Im imagining when its in your house in a much MUCH smaller room, it will look even bigger..

So for those who have traded, or went from a 60 to a 70, how much bigger is it really?

I went from a 52 to a 60, and yea it was a bit bigger, but not a HUGE difference.. and basically that puts in my head that the 60 to 70 wont be that huge, as its about the same size difference.. Although its on a much larger scale

·
Registered
457 Posts
You will notice 10" anything less then that not really like a 60-65 obviously the size of the room will play a part of does the tv look oversized seeing as how I have a 60 and 2 80" amd friend has a 70 it can look huge in the right setting weird angle but here is my friends 70 mounted it looks really big for the setting its in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts