AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My first post, so please be kind.

I just bought a 40" Samsung LCD, and need suggestion regarding height to mount it.

I will be about 8-9feet away from it. What is a good height to mount it?

I have a tilt mount, so I can afford to keep it a little higher if that's okay. Please suggest me.

Would it be good to have the center of the screen at about 50"?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
819 Posts
At that distance I'd say more like 65 inches possibly more. It all depends 50 is definitely too low.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The normal recommendation is that the center of the screen should be at the same height as your eyes when you are in your normal seating position. That way you are looking straight on at the screen. A few inches deviation is not a big deal, but this is the ideal.

Some people mount TVs above fireplaces, in other words fairly high, but in that case it should be tilted downwards. Some people find that combination more comfortable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

The exact center indeed was around 44-46", but I've got it mounted at 50". The reason being that I will also be playing some Kinect games (
) so it's a good balance both for sitting and standing. And while it's a little above eye level, I don't really have to look up, and tilting the screen downwards helped. So it's all good!

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts