AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my P-1A/P-3A/P3 combo for almost a year now. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've forgotten how I configured them. What are the optimum settings for these 2?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lynn, I'm not sure if mine is optimum or not but the folks @ HTT (I know you go there:)) have been talking about it & Phil even put up his e-mail from PT on JP's thread a while back, I think. You can search for it & I am sure I also posted about my own settings under that thread. Btw, let me know how that Camelot cable works out.

PF

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey guys,

pmf, i didn't know you had a p-1a??

super cool. i have been thinking about getting one for a while, just the fact that i'm a renter makes me wonder if i should?? ---(thus moving, and having to re-do everything??)

what's your take on it??

i would kill to hear one!

what swans speakers do you have??

is it a musical system??

talk to me baby!

:)

-b

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMF, I found the thread you were referring to. FWIW, my PT gear is set just like yours (if you can really go by the LEDs on the 2 units). Jon Lane, @ PT sent me that same email May 19 of last year...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zooplancton
i have been thinking about getting one for a while, just the fact that i'm a renter makes me wonder if i should?? ---(thus moving, and having to re-do everything??)

what's your take on it??

i would kill to hear one!

what swans speakers do you have??

is it a musical system??

talk to me baby!

:)

-b
Speaker correction is not the only reason to have the p1a. In fact, most likely they will never have speaker correction for my speakers, but the truth to the matter the p1a and smoothness and silkiness that I really like. It is as close you are going to get to specd. out vinyl player.

The p3a sounds wonderful in itself, the combination (p1a/p3a) add another dimension.

My advice, don’t worry about moving and get yourself a lightly used one for half the price. If you don’t like it then you can sell it without loosing any money.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lynn, looks like our setting should be close if not 'it'. From all I can tell there may be the 'enhanced' or not and which unit does upsampling better issue to try-n-error on. I think if you have the time and don't mind trying things out then you definitely should switch them around just for the heck of it. My biggest fear is if I find one setting sound better with some recordings but not others then what should I do? :(

Brandon, I actually had the PT way before the Diva's. In fact that's how I get to interact with Mark about them on AA and eventually got in on the Diva's as well. Up until now the PT's are still consider the bang for the buck on redbook CD playback enhancement. Hometheatertalk.com probably has the most PT users. If you're ready check the link below: :D

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28867.html

Cheers.

PF

Oops, I think JP just beat me to it. Talking about HTT. :) Yes, if you are talking about the ROCS (room correction) then any major rearrangement of your listening environment will need re-correction but the SOCS should be stable enough to stay with your specific speakers. As JP said even without the SOCS one should still consider them as long as you continue to invest in redbook CD software. Btw, can you see they have most of my speakers on their SOCS lists and Mark said I can potentially have 9 SOCS's stored in the P-1A. :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Poming,

That is quite a list of gear there. I have had the Tripplite Isobars and have found (been told?) they current limit like crazy. Also if I turn on a big amp with it plugged in on the same circuit it will trip the breaker. What is your experiece with them?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Gifford, they probably do but I only used it on my Brystons in the multi-channel system since that's the only way I can get rid of a hum (which could also be from the Sony preamp). With that system I rarely have the sound cranked up more than may be a quarter so had not have much problem with the Isobar choking things off yet. Those Citadels are humongous, every time I turn them on even just to standby, my house lights would dim momentarily. :)

PF

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just received an email from Greg Marberry, Technical Services Representative for **********. For P-1A/P-3A owners who use an I2S cable to connect the two, he said to "run the P-3A in I2S direct mode with the P-1A set to upsample to 96kHz."

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lynn, if my memory serves me correctly I believe that's the setting we have ours on, right? Please let me know how your Camelot I2S comes out for I am using the original Mystic & have been keeping my eyes on the Jenna Lab Cryo but now with the Camelot... ;) Also have you gotten the SOCS for your 804's yet? If so how do you like it?

Cheers.

PF

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PF, that is the way we have our PT gear set up. I have not invested in SOCS yet. My listening room is still about a year from being "finished"...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.