AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so last year i bought a system, onkyo sr-605 reciever, polk audio cs2 center, polk audio m20 fronts, and hsu research vtf-1 sub. Im not really sure what i should set the sub up to with the crossover, frequency and all that other jazz, i know nothing about audio systems, no clue what any of it means. Not sure what i should set the Hz at of each speaker, the default on my receiver is like 100 for everything. Is closer to 0 better for hz? What does doublebass mean?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
your Polk towers and the center have 6.5" mid/woofer speakers, and although Polk claims 45/55 Hz as their low end frequency, thats probably a little optomistic. Setting your receiver's cross-over setting to to 80 Hz would probably work well with the HSU subwoofer. The idea is to send only the audio frequencies a speaker can easily handle to the speakers and sending all the lower frequency stuff to the subwoofer, which is designed to handle them.

Since you have a fully powered subwoofer, do not use "double bass" on your receiver. It is a soundfield which tries to enhance/push the bass frequencies. If you want more bass from your system, just increase the gain on the subwoofer built-in power amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts