AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 2 optimus linaeum style floorstanding speakers. I have been offered a pair of bose 501 iv speakers from 1984 as long as I will use them. I'm going to try them, but side by side comparisons sometimes don't work so well until you've had a few weeks with them. Which do you think would be better. Both music and movies are important to me. Thanks for any input.

edit: i am not sure anymore if they are IV series. But they are from 1984

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2snowboards88 /forum/post/17010574

Right now I have 2 optimus linaeum style floorstanding speakers. I have been offered a pair of bose 501 iv speakers from 1984 as long as I will use them. I'm going to try them, but side by side comparisons sometimes don't work so well until you've had a few weeks with them. Which do you think would be better. Both music and movies are important to me. Thanks for any input.

edit: i am not sure anymore if they are IV series. But they are from 1984

I don't know the model but I bought some RS speakers on ebay just for the Lineaum tweeters. The rest of the speaker is pretty bad, boomy etc but the Lineaum tweeters are very good. Your floor standing RS speaker may also be muddy or boomy I don't know but one thing is certain, the Bose will be too and probably a lot more so. The Bose will also have 99 cent tweeters that will never even come close to matching the Lineaum. I would guess you are probably better off with what you have.

mk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.