AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have ordered the new curved LG 65 inch OLED 4K TV and should have it next month. Some of my equipment is old and needs to be upgraded. I'm interested in your thoughts on which of these 2 things to replace:

1. Definitive Technology CLS1000 center speaker UPGRADE to Def Tech Mythos XTR-60 ultra thin speaker or
2. Integra DTR-40.3 2011 Receiver UPGRADE to Sony 2015 STR-ZA3000ES Receiver

I don't listen to alot of music nor have a 4K player, direct TV, Blu-ray player and RUKU are my main video sources atm.

Please don't give me other alternatives just pick between these 2 options and if you have reasons why I welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

M

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Hi I have ordered the new curved LG 65 inch OLED 4K TV and should have it next month. Some of my equipment is old and needs to be upgraded. I'm interested in your thoughts on which of these 2 things to replace:

1. Definitive Technology CLS1000 center speaker UPGRADE to Def Tech Mythos XTR-60 ultra thin speaker or
2. Integra DTR-40.3 2011 Receiver UPGRADE to Sony 2015 STR-ZA3000ES Receiver

I don't listen to alot of music nor have a 4K player, direct TV, Blu-ray player and RUKU are my main video sources atm.

Please don't give me other alternatives just pick between these 2 options and if you have reasons why I welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

M
Seriously top of the nine TV with subpar audio what a shame :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for your thoughts

Well the first response I got didn't help. I'm just an average guy looking for a knowledgeable person here who can answer my question. Maybe a different expert will be kinder.

Tks.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You should be looking into it on the audio forum. This forum is more dedicated to video displays.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/88-audio/

Greenland is right - what audio component is best has no relationship to your display type. You need to post in the audio forum and include budget, room size, speaker set up/type, listening preferences, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts